The 'Auki Henry Gallery' - thanks to the power of Google I finally got around to organising the sample gallery that I send to pr...
|The 'Auki Henry Gallery' - thanks to the power of Google|
It's not so much the gallery itself that I am blogging about today however but the fact that 99% of this has been put together from FREE Google products available to anyone with an existing Google, Gmail or Google+ account.
The only things that I can't credit Google for here are:
- The custom URL, registered via Joker.com and served via DNS Made Easy. I will state however that this could have been achieved via a payed Google service too, it just so happened that I have always had these two services for my other web sites.
- The hosting of the .JS file that drives the gallery functions is via Dropbox. You can bet that if/when Google gives me some cloud storage space I will be switching to that too!
Everything else is thanks to Google.
- The site itself is built off a Google Blogger template base.
- All thumbnails and custom graphics are stored via upload to Google Sites on the domain aukihenry.com, Images are embedded directly from the Google+ albums on my G+ page.
- Even the contact form is a custom Google Docs form front end that sends to my Google driven email.
I am a self confessed Google fan admittedly, but it is not through any blind brand loyalty; I'd switch at the drop of a hat if there was a better offer around for me. It's not even the fact that I earn revenue from Google Adsense ( I still remember my first AUD$155 payment from Google with great fondness ). What I like most about this is that Google is actually putting a useful environment out to the masses that can be used for free to achieve a web presence, its an email system, a social networking system, a revenue earning system, a personal organiser and much much more all rolled into one big 'always evolving' package. My guess is that people who aren't switching across just aren't understanding the potential!